Featuring an Amazing Mom: Meet Long Island, New York, Portrait ...

Meet Amanda DiMonda!
Amanda DiMonda Portrait Photography Featured upon Me Ra Koh
Amanda is a Amazing Mom underline today. She is based out of Long Island, NY. And she has dual pleasing identical tiwn girls!

1. Amanda, when did we begin your commercial operation as good as what was a branch indicate of receiving it from a hobby to a commercial operation of charging people as good as putting up your pleasing website?

I have regularly had a adore for photography; however, my initial adore was animals. we grew up wanting to be a veterinarian. In college, we was regularly interested in receiving a photography category as good as for a single reason or another we never did. we did take my camera around campus with me when we indispensable time for usually me as good as to simulate upon hold up during a time when we was unequivocally perplexing to find myself.

Fast brazen 6 years later as good as we found myself becoming a mother of pleasing identical tiwn girls.

Photography Tips / Mom Feature w/ Me Ra Koh Photography

My camera as good as we shaped a brand new relationship. Would we hold we essentially proposed off receiving cinema with my Sony video camcorder?! It additionally took still shots as good as it was a usually camera we had. After literally thousands of cinema later, capturing my girls each moment, my video camera fell during a birthday celebration as good as broke. While it was being fixed my father as good as we went to a store as good as he asked me what kind of camera we wanted. ! we said, Well if we could get anything it would be a Canon Rebel XTi. At a time we had been drooling over it for a really long time. It was afterwards which he looked during me as good as said OK. What?! we was unequivocally usually joking as good as throwing it out therenever expecting to essentially get it. He told me which it might take time though which everybody regularly compliments me upon my pictures. And may be a single day it could finish up being a commercial operation purchases, as good as we could begin my own photography business.

I received my camera for a Christmas present in 2007 as good as never looked back. we was literally floating. Photography woke up something inside of me which we knew was there though never essentially took a time to listen too. My camera let me uncover as good as contend some-more afterwards we could ever put in to words. More as good as some-more people continued to discuss it me which we should pursue photography since they desired my eye.

It wasnt until final winter (2008) which an extraordinary lady we met by chance by a mommy as good as me class, asked me to take cinema of her boys. She knew we could do it, usually similar to many others telling me, prior to we did. And for a small reason we listened as good as said we would adore to. After my initial photo fire we was re-newed in suggestion as good as upon such a high which we saw all a pieces of my hold up tumble in to place. And usually how extraordinary it was to furnish such a priceless present for another chairman as good as truly adore each minute of it. That is when it started. we did do a couple of jobs after which for giveaway as good as slowly proposed charging people from there. In April of this year, we motionless to put up a website to have a small approach of essentially display what we do. Through my website as good as often word of mouth, we have proposed to take off. Some days we find myself land my exhale wondering if it is truly happening. we meant how many people can overtly contend ! they LOV E as good as have such passion for their job?

2. What inspires your photography?

Definitely my children.

Photography Tips / Mom Feature w/ Me Ra Koh Photography

It is extraordinary how fast they go from a single theatre in hold up to a next. we wish to recollect all a small things. The approach their eyes light up when they do something for a initial time, or how trusting they demeanour whilst sleeping or laying subsequent to their puppy, all those stupid face usually they have so well. we could go upon for hours, though usually to watch them grow as good as come in to their ownis so pleasing as good as takes my exhale away.

Photography Tips / Mom Feature w/ Me Ra Koh Photography

They enthuse me to try my many appropriate to constraint that, so a single day they can demeanour during a behind of as good as value those moments as good as see how extraordinary they have regularly been.

3. What inspires we as a person, artist?

Just hold up in ubiquitous as good as a enterprise to wish to uncover people what we cant put in to words.

Photography Tips / Mom Feature w/ Me Ra Koh Photography

I am a low thinker, regularly have been as good as we am sure regularly will be. Growing up we regularly felt older afterwards we was as good as a things which went by my head were not a normal things we should be worried about or thinking of. we was regularly sensitive to situations which would normally go right over a childs head. Life itself was such a big question to ! me: Wher e only did we fit in this big world? It vacant me to think of all a possibilities. we saw as good as felt so much, nonetheless we never found a approach to let all which energy out as good as have regularly usually taken all in. My camera bridged which gap. Now we can uncover people what we see as good as assistance them notice something pleasing in places they might never have thought to demeanour or taken a time to feel.

4. What made we decide to do photography as some-more than a hobby? What was your branch point?

I found my self 25 years old, a mother sanctified with newborn twins as good as incompetent to have any some-more young kids due to a heart condition which was a result of my pregnancy. That a single stung for a while. As grateful as we was which we was since dual extraordinary children, we didnt similar to being told we could not have any some-more kids. we LOVED being a mother as good as thinking which all these moments which pass as good fast would never occur for me again was heart breaking. Those tiny newborn hands, those swell laughs as good as toothless grins. Everything. Only once. It crushed me.

Fast brazen a couple of years later as good as we satisfied which there is a reason for everything! we found my camera, this passionand we essentially took which leap. Just a approach we felt after receiving cinema for someone else for a initial time, it was so empowering. we eventually saw all a pieces of my hold up tumble in to place, as good as it felt right. And we find which we am sanctified again each time a family allows me to step in to their lives for usually a impulse as good as constraint their own childs story.

Photography Tips / Mom Feature w/ Me Ra Koh Photography

I get to relive those moments each time we do a session! It truly is a spe! cial pre sent as good as mental condition within a dream!

5. What have been a classes/workshops/DVDs youve watched to learn yourself photography? Were they helpful?

I overtly have never taken a photography category or seminar before. we have schooled what we know from personification around as good as reading report anywhere we could find it. Then we bought Me Ras Refuse to Say Cheese as good as Beyond a Green Box DVDs. They positively helped me in some-more ways afterwards one. They showed me in simple terms how to assimilate Aperture. That was a many technical thing from it which we truly appreciated removing out of a DVDs. Then even some-more afterwards which was a certainty it desirous in me. The DVDs, usually your blog in ubiquitous as good as you, as good as a report we yield as good as your enlivening frank way. How we uncover in some-more ways afterwards a single which we can take this extraordinary passion as good as have in to whatever we wish it to be. All we have to do is demeanour any fear or disbelief true upon as good as burst in with dual feet as good as a rest will tumble in to place. Whenever we feel my self certainty not in all we have to do is review by your blog as good as take a low breath. Then we comprehend we can do this, usually keep relocating forward.

Photography Tips / Mom Feature w/ Me Ra Koh Photography

I additionally attended MeRa as good as Brians CONFIDENCE seminar in Minneapolis, as good as we am still in astonishment of a total experience. we had strike a potion ceiling in my photography as good as had not even satisfied it until a initial day of a workshop. By a second day we satisfied since we was where we was, as good as Me Ra as good as Brian gave me a tools as good as a courage to go out there as good as plea myself in brand new ways. ! we can n ot even put in to difference how extraordinary these workshops areand there is NO question. Everyone should attend oneit is which simple!

6. What is a single or dual pieces marketing/self-promotion ideas which we can give a newbies? (something we did to get your name out there)

Definitely commercial operation cards. Even if we do not have a website yet, as good as have been usually starting out. we would positively discuss it any a single to usually get commercial operation cards. You can put your own cinema upon a single side as good as upon a other usually have your name as good as hit report as good as write down photographer or kid photographer how ever we choose to word it. Hand them out to friends as good as family to give to people, or ask if we can leave them during sure businesses. Or if we usually encounter someone as good as a review comes up we have something to uncover a square of your work as good as have all a info right there.

I have additionally found a Childrens Cardiomyopathy Foundation. we did not comprehend all which we had been by young kids could be subjected to as well. It is such a misdiagnosed condition as good as as shortly as we found it, we knew we longed for to do my partial to assistance them any approach we could. we motionless to donate 10% of my prints profits during a sure time await to their organization. When they found out they were so vehement as good as longed for to assistance foster me as good as good as in spin hopefully assisting them during a same time. So they posted about me upon their website, as good as we have gotten recognized by that. If there is something which speaks to yousomething we would adore to assistance out in a small wayyou can do it with your photographyyou can do it! You never know a possibilities which can arise as good as during a same time we have been assisting others as good as which regularly feels amazing.

7. What was your initial paid fire like? How did we feel upon a way, during as g! ood as a fter?

My initial paid fire we was really nervous. we was so frightened which a idea of essentially being paid would usually get in my head to many as good as we would never give them something they would essentially wish to compensate for. we had my work cut out for me as good as it finished up being a coldest day of a winter up until which point. It was of dual small boys as good as a youngest was usually about 15 months. He was so cold as good as not happy to be outside, as good as he cried each time we tried to get him to walk around. we all supposed why! It wasnt until we got home as good as proposed seeking by a images which we satisfied Wow we unequivocally can do this, we had so many against me with a weather nonetheless we still prisoner images where we would never well known how miserable it was outside as good as which a small guy was so upset! we finished up creation them happy as good as have essentially taken their cinema again since then. It wasnt until we got their mother as good as dads difference of how many they desired a cinema which we essentially proposed to inhale again! It felt lenient to have others so happy.

Photography Tips / Mom Feature w/ Me Ra Koh Photography

8. What is a many appropriate as good as toughest partial about we do photography whilst being a mother as good as mother during a same time?

Guilt as good as time. By nature we find it really tough to do things for me as good as when we doas many as we know in my heart we need them as good as despite my husbands enlivening difference as good as await to go get as good as grasp anything we wantI still feel tremendous amounts of guilt. It is droll to me, as many as this is my commercial operation as good as a job, it is so many fun as good as we adore we do it from a bottom of my heart which we infrequently forget ab! out feel ing guilty for starting out, divided from my family to do a shoot. That we am creating something to value for others, creation them happy which is priceless for me, as good as we am contributing to my family during a same time.

Also time, anticipating a time to sit during my computer as good as revise all a images we capture. we onslaught to find a right time which we am not receiving divided from my job as a mommy or mother as good as nonetheless not staying up all hours of a night working upon cinema as good as afterwards removing no sleep! (sometimes we usually get so in to it which we cant stop to go to bed! Lol! The residence is still as good as when does which occur right?!)

The many appropriate partial is which we get to give people something as good as have others happy, whilst during a same time we do something we truly adore for me. And we get to share my passion, generally as my young kids get older as good as hopefully enthuse them to go after their own dreams.

Photography Tips / Mom Feature w/ Me Ra Koh Photography

9. Is there a single some-more square of recommendation youd give to newbies?

To stop watchful as good as usually go for it. Fly. Do it for yourself, generally if we have been a momYou know how we all get to these points where we have been we do things for all these people as good as afterwards we stop for a second as good as thinkbut who am we again? It will fill which space as good as commission we to do some-more in each area of your life! And dont let those days where we have been not in self certainty bring we down. Just inhale as good as keep relocating forwardit will come back. You can do this!

And to have a good await complement during a behind of you. we could not do what we do with out a await of my husband. He is so enthusiastic about what we do as good as want! ing me t o grow as good as succeed. He is regularly peaceful to assistance in any approach with a girls so we can go out as good as encounter with clients as good as is regularly by my side reminding me since we proposed this as good as how proud he is!

I adore which we can have people happy as good as slow down for a second in this funny hold up as good as take a impulse to appreciate a beauty in adore in their own lives.

Photography Tips / Mom Feature w/ Me Ra Koh Photography

A client once told me which she had never well known her father to cry as good as as he looked by their upon line gallery he had tears. That was a many appropriate compliment any a single could have since me, generally usually starting out.

Through photography we additionally found a approach to give during a behind of upon a personal level. we found The Littlest Heroes Project, which is a non distinction based classification assisting young kids who infrequently feel forgotten since of an illnesses or hold up altering condition by charity giveaway photography sessions. we have nonetheless to do my initial session, though was supposed as a photographer a couple of months back. we am so vehement to be means to take my adore for photography as good as not usually begin a commercial operation though additionally strech out during a same time as good as have a kid feel wonderful. we am not a founder of this extraordinary classification or anything to do with how it started, we am usually watchful to partake as good as do my part! If we have been interested check them out as good as see if they have been in need of photographers in your area! http://www.littlestheroesproject.org/Littlest_Heroes_Project/Home.html

Photography has opened my hold up as good as heart to so many extraordinary things as good as we am so respected as good as thrilled which you, Me R! a, have since me this event to take another low exhale as good as open up about my implausible brand new journey. If we can do this any a single can!

Photography Tips / Mom Feature w/ Me Ra Koh Photography

Dearest Amanda, we will never forget meeting we during a Minneapolis workshop. You have such a proposal soul. You soak in all a energy around you, as good as we spin a energy in to pleasing images. we was seeking during your blog final night, as good as we was blown awayjust in total astonishment of your pleasing images. You seem to constraint a tellurian suggestion in such a soft, peaceful way. Thank we for pity your story, your fears, weaknesses, triumphs, your honestythank we for pity YOU with all of us. We have been improved people today since of you.

Much love, Me Ra

To all a blog readers,

To see some-more of Amandas pleasing imagery, CLICK HERE! To follow her blog, CLICK HERE!

Did we see a final 5 Amazing Mom features? If so, check them out here!

1. Interview w/ Leslie Webber from Indianapolis, Indiana!

2. Interview w/ Michelle Riddle from Santa Cruz, CA!

3. Interview w/Tracie Stier-Johnson from Milwaukee, Wisconsin!

4. Interview w/Lora Ayers from Atlanta, Georgia!

5. Interview w/Carey Schumacher from San Diego, CA!

p.s. AND, would we similar to to be featured upon a blog too?

If we have attended a workshop, purchased a single of a 5 101 Kits , or watched a DVDs, as good as feel similar to your hold up has taken a brand new as good as smashing spin for a better, afterwards greatfully send me an email during mera@merakoh.com . we will send we directions upon how to be featured! We cant promise to underline everyone, though we wish to do this sort of blog post some-more as good as more. Hundre! ds of pe ople have sent us a many extraordinary emails regarding a workshops as good as DVDs impacting their life, their prior to as good as after photos, their regenerated passion; we would adore for all of we to listen to those stories!

Related posts

  • Your Beautiful Bubble Photography! Be Inspired! (10)
  • Workshop Results! Be Inspired By What These Ladies Captured! (39)
  • Top Eleven Highlights to WPPI 2009! (23)
  • The Running upon Empty Winners for San Francisco Discovery Workshop (28)
  • Winner Wedsnday! (21)

fivefilters.org featured article: Normalising a crime of a century by John Pilger


0 comments: